Missing Operating System? 2 Ways to Fix it!
Wondershare LiveBoot is your "LifeSaver" with the complete PC emergency solution!
No matter your computer/hard drive is crashed, doesn't boot at all, or can't get into Windows for any reason, Wondershare LiveBoot CD can take them all. Integrating with the latest Microsoft WinPE 3.0 technology, this bootable CD/USB drive allows you to boot up any computer, as well as fix computer booting problems, recover Windows, rescue data, partition or clone disk, wipe data and more, over 40+ utility functions in total. The user-friendly interface simplifies the complicated repair procedures into only a few clicks for both savvy users and newbie. Let your crashed PC easily boot from CD/USB now!
Platforms: Windows 8 (64&32 bits)/Windows 7 (64&32 bits)/Vista (64&32 bits)/XP (32 bit). Go to Data Recovery for Mac (For Mac Users)
Help! Missing Operating System in Windows!
It really can't be more annoying than this: when sitting in front of the computer and start it, it gives you back a message saying "Missing operating system" on boot. Just as you are told that you have lost all of things that stored on this computer, really tough luck. As a matter of fact, it's not real. Stay calm and stop worrying about your data. This is just a way how your operating system protects itself, because it gets "sick", or you can say some components damaged. Fix it and your operating system will be back to normal.
2 easy solutions to fix missing operating system
No matter you are using Windows 7, XP, or Vista, you can fix this operating system missing problem easily and effortlessly by yourself. If you have a Windows DVD, copy the first way, if not, take the second one.
Solution1. Fix it with Windows DVD
1. Set the BIOS to use the disc as your primary boot device.
Solution2. Fix it with a bootable disk
If you don't have a Windows Installation disc, and have no plan to spend hundreds of dollars on it, you can take this way. Get a bootable disk, which can do the same. Wondershare Liveboot CD/USB can be a good option, which can repair this operating system missing issue safely and completely. And it's more competitively priced, compared to the Windows DVD.
90 Days Money Back Guarantee
Now, follow the steps below to do what you need.
1. Create a bootable CD or USB drive with Wondershare LiveBoot 2012. Insert a blank CD or USB drive into the computer and run the Wondershare LiveBoot. Choose the guide of creating a bootable CD or USB drive according to your requirement. You only need to perform a click on the burning button in the center.
2. Insert LiveBoot bootable CD or USB into your computer, then restart the computer and press F12 to get into the Boot Menu. Choose the USB CD-ROM Drive and proceed. Then choose "Boot from LiveBoot".
3. After getting into the system, LiveBoot will be launched automatically. Choose "Windows Recovery" on the top tab and hit "Boot Crash Solution" on the right menu. In the part of "Type A error messages", you will see "missing operating system" in No. 5.
4. The main reason why operating system is missing is because of the damage of MBR, so take the method 1 as its instructions to repair it.
If this method doesn't work, take next one to run a disk check to repair bad sectors affecting your system files loading, or run bootsect command at Command Prompt to fix boot crash. If all these are not helpful, your operating system must have been damaged deadly, and you have to take the last one to reinstall your Windows and Office. Doesn't matter, this LiveBoot can help you retrieve your Windows CD key and Office key with one click in the part of "Password & Key Finder", no extra money cost.
Common error messages of operating system missing
• Operating system not found